“Truth be told, sweets are my favorite, and cakes and pies hold a special place in my heart.
It’s hard for me to narrow down my favorites because I have so many go-tos, so I included a collection of my best, tried-and-true recipes that fit every craving and occasion. In this issue, you’ll find plenty of creamy icebox pies, indulgent cakes from layered to Bundts, batches of bite-size delights, and prizeworthy pies you’ll love” Paula Deen.
1- Lemonade Cake:
1½ cups butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon lemon zest
5 large eggs
1 cup thawed frozen lemonade concentrate
3½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 cup whole milk
1 cup sour cream
Lemonade Frosting (recipe follows)
Garnish: lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and zest with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemonade concentrate until combined.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixtureto butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in sour cream.
Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Spread Lemonade Frosting onto cake. Garnish with lemon, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Makes about 3½ cups
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup thawed frozen lemonade
5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and lemonade concentrate with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Use immediately.
Click next to see more recipes.